Try making these delicious – and healthy! – cookies. Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and iron. The many health benefits are described in better detail here. This recipe uses a whole can! Not only are these cookies packed with good stuff, but they’re also gluten and egg free! In the spirit of the season, we added pumpkin peanut butter, but you can just use regular peanut butter, too.
- 8oz can Chickpeas
- 5/8 cup Peanut Butter (the fewer ingredients the better)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt of your PB doesn’t have any
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional )
- Preheat oven to 350
- Rinse beans and pat them dry
- Grind all ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts in a food processor.
- Be sure to scrape the sides and get it very smooth and creamy.
- Mix in chocolate chips
- With wet hands, roll into 2 inch balls and then smush flat. Cookies will not spread or settle so however you put them in the oven is exactly how they’ll come out.
- Bake 10-15 minutes
- Let cook and enjoy!