Try making these delicious – and healthy! – cookies. Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and iron. This recipe uses a whole can! Not only are these cookies packed with good stuff, but they’re also gluten and egg-free! In the spirit of the season, we added pumpkin peanut butter, but you can just use regular peanut butter, too.
Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- 8oz can Chickpeas
- 5/8 cup Peanut Butter (the fewer ingredients the better)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt of your PB doesn’t have any
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional )
- Preheat oven to 350
- Rinse beans and pat them dry
- Grind all ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts in a food processor.
- Be sure to scrape the sides and get it very smooth and creamy.
- Mix in chocolate chips
- With wet hands, roll into 2 inch balls and then smush flat. Cookies will not spread or settle so however you put them in the oven is exactly how they’ll come out.
- Bake 10-15 minutes
- Let cook and enjoy!
Did your kids enjoy the chickpea cookies with pumpkin peanut butter? For more kid-friendly recipes like this, please check out our Pinterest page!
If you’re not already a Green Kid Crafts subscriber, don’t wait another day to join!