Crystal Growing Heart Science
Love is in the air here at Green Kid Crafts! Actually, it’s in jars, growing beautiful crystals in the shape of hearts. Just like our previous crystal growing science projects, you’ll find this heart science experiment to be a big hit with kids. If you haven’t checked out our crystal growing posts, make sure you head over to learn how to grow snowflake crystals and pumpkin crystals.
- Pink or red pipe cleaners
- Popsicle sticks
- Mason jars
1. Make heart shapes out of pipe cleaners.
2. Tie the pipe cleaners to a popsicle stick with the string.
3. Boil water and carefully pour it in the mason jars.
4. Add in 3 tablespoons of borax per cup of water and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Once the water is clear, put the shape in water and hang on the jar by a popsicle stick.
6. The crystals will be fully formed within 24 hours. You’ll probably start seeing some crystals appear within 4-5 hours. After a day you can take the hearts out of the water and enjoy! But feel free to leave them in longer too!