Green Kid Crafts Fact Sheet
Thank you for your interest in Green Kid Crafts! Please see below for some key points and contact us anytime for additional information, samples or images.
Media Contact: [email protected]
- Green Kid Crafts delights and educates kids around the world with fun, educational art and science STEAM activities (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), aligned to national standards, delivered right to their door through the company’s subscription program! Read more about our company’s journey and philosophy here.
- Green Kid Crafts’ mission to foster the next generation of creative, environmental leaders by engaging kids with the planet in positive, hands-on ways has exposed over a million kids to think about and take a leadership role in sustainability.
- Green Kid Crafts is a mom-owned, green company founded by Penny Bauder, a mom of two and an environmental scientist.
- Green Kid Crafts is a leader in the subscription industry, with over 1 million packages shipped worldwide.
- Green Kid Crafts has won a variety of awards including Academics’ Choice Brain Toy Award, Dr. Toy’s Best Green Products, PTPA Seal of Approval, a recommendation from Parents’ Choice, MACT Excellence and MACT Green Awards and Red Tricycle’s Award for Most Awesome Subscription Service.
- Green Kid Crafts is certified carbon neutral, Green America Approved, and has won numerous awards and designations for its responsible business practices.
- We encourage anyone interested in STEAM projects for kids to subscribe to our email newsletter and join us on our social media channels: Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest — believe it or not, we are actually one of the top 100 pinners in the world!
- Subscriptions are available in month-to-month, 3, 6 and 12 month durations, and also make great gifts! Subscriptions start at $24.95 / month. Order at www.greenkidcrafts.com.
Monthly STEAM Boxes
- Appropriate for ages 2-10+, our open-ended STEAM projects are reviewed by experts and kid tested and parent approved for fun.
- Every month’s Discovery Box is packed with 4-8 unique and engaging activity kits designed to foster a child’s creativity and confidence while helping to raise the nation’s next generation of creative leaders, artists, scientists, engineers, and designers.
- Monthly boxes are developed by teachers and STEAM experts to support key developmental skills for kids ages 2-10+. Junior Discovery Boxes are perfect for kids ages 3-5; Discovery Boxes are sent to kids 5-10+. Each box includes a 12-page STEAM activity magazine and achievement badges. A sibling add-on option is available.
- Each month brings a new theme relating to arts, crafts, and science; past themes have included Backyard Science, Nocturnal Animals, Around the World, Kitchen Science, Outer Space, and Green Energy.
- All Green Kid Crafts Subscribers receive a copy of Green Kid Magazine (a $5.95 value) for free every month. Each issue is filled with tons of additional content for continued exploration and discovery all around the month’s theme, including additional parent resources, book recommendations, puzzles, games, coloring activities, and much more!
- Subscribe to Green Kid Crafts for $29.95/month, or send a gift subscription for a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription plan. Sibling subscription packages and digital subscriptions are also available. Subscribe or learn more at GreenKidCrafts.com.
- You can learn more about our subscription program here.
One-Time Purchase Products
- We also have single purchase STEAM kits available in our store for people that do not want to sign up for a subscription program. These kits include all of the past themes released from our subscription program including Amphibians, Save the Bees, Bubble Science, Numbers Lab, Nocturnal Animals, Music Science, Physics and much more.
- View available products for ages 3-5 here.
- View available products for ages 5-10+ here.
- View available products for ages 10+ here.
- Academics’ Choice Award
- NCNW Eco Excellence Award
- Dr. Toy’s Best Green Product
- Creative Child Magazine Best Creative Play of the Year
- Parent’s Choice Recommended
- Green America People & Planet Awards Winner
- A Year of Boxes Best Kid’s Box
- My Subscription Addiction Best Kids Subscription Box
- “Best Subscription Service” – Red Tricycle Awesome Awards
- MACT Green Award
- MACT Excellence Award
Social & Environemental Responsibility
- Green Kid Crafts plants a tree with each order in partnership with One Tree Planted.
- The company is certified carbon neutral through CarbonFund.org, and Green America Approved.
- We work with local chapters of the Boys and Girls Club to do creative activities in underserved areas.
- All of the materials in Green Kid Crafts product line meet our standards for sustainability and are reusable, recyclable and/or compostable and sourced from nature. You can see more specifics on our ‘eco ingredients’ here.
Images & Media Contact
- Images are available by request or through our public folder on Google Drive.
To request additional images, samples or other information please contact our Marketing Director, Penny Bauder, at Penny (at) GreenKidCrafts.com.