The most fun we’ve ever had with straws, this flute is easy to make and fun to play!
What You’ll Need:
1. Cut your straws so you end up with different lengths.
2. Put them side-by-side in the order of your choosing. Secure with tape.
3. Blow or hum through the straws to make music.
Things To Think About:
- What happens when you try different lengths and arrangements?
- Can you make a flute with a double layer of straws?
- What happens if you cut a hole in one of the straws and then cover and uncover it as you play?
- What happens to the sound when the straw is longer or shorter?
For more music themed ideas, visit Green Kid Camp.