Printable for Kids: Seed Life Cycle
We’ve started growing a bean seed in our little bean house and now it’s time to observe the seed life cycle. This is a great nature science project that involves observation and data collection for kids. Expand on this activity by including artistic drawings of the bean life cycle, dissecting plant parts as they grow, and using the scientific method.
- Bean Seed
- Paper Towels
- Ziploc Bag
- Printable Life cycle of a Bean Activity
We’re observing our seed in our bean house, but you can just use a plastic bag, paper towels and a seed for this activity if you haven’t printed the bean house.
- Wet a paper towel and squeeze the excess water out.
- Fold the paper towel in half, and in half again.
- Put the paper towel in the bag and add the bean between the wet paper towel and the side of the bag.
- The bean should begin to sprout in a few days. Observe the changes as the bean goes from a seed to a plant.
- Use the printable seed life cycle activity to put the stages of a seed’s life cycle in order.
Directions for printing the Bean Life cycle Printable Activity: Click on the “Click to Print” button above. Download the Bean Life cycle PDF to your computer and save it. Open the saved file to print.
For more DIY and eco-friendly projects, please check out our Instagram page!
If you’re not already a Green Kid Crafts subscriber, don’t wait another day to join!