Music Craft for Kids: Straw Windpipe
Today we’re making music with a straw windpipe craft that kids can make themselves. This fun little instrument takes very few supplies and can be put together in just a few minutes. Pair it with our DIY rainstick for even more noisy fun! Creating music whether with a straw, shaker, kazoo or DIY drum is a great way to get kids learning music counts, listening to different pitch sounds, and just having fun with sound!
- At least 8 plastic straws
- Layout a piece of tape
- Stick the straws in line with the tape
- Wrap the tape around the width of the straws to secure
- Cut the bottom of the straws at a diagonal angle
- Blow into the windpipe to make music
Start a band with this windpipe craft and out other musical instrument crafts! Kids love making music with their DIY straw windpipe!
For more DIY and eco-friendly projects, check out our Pinterest page!
If you’re not already a Green Kid Crafts subscriber, don’t wait another day to join!