SAN DIEGO, CA — Green Kid Crafts, a mom-owned, earth-friendly and award winning craft kit subscription service, encourages parents, teachers and caregivers to celebrate Earth Day by teaching their kids about how they can make a positive change for the environment.
“Earth Day is a perfect opportunity to start a dialog with your children about how each of our actions affects the planet,” explains Penny Bauder, environmental activist and founder of Green Kid Crafts.
According to the Earth Day Network, more than one billion people celebrate Earth Day each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world.
Green Kid Crafts: Earth Day Crafts for Kids
Green Kid Crafts’ shares tips on how we can all help support the planet.
These tips include:
- Turn off the TV and go play outside! Walk to the park, take a hike, or play in your backyard. People protect what they know, so get to know your natural surroundings.
- Save energy by turning off the lights when leaving the room or the house. See who in the family can remember to turn off the lights first?
- Decorate a reusable tote to take shopping.
- Craft and play with natural materials and avoid plastics and craft foams, which are costly to produce, laden with chemicals, and not biodegradable.
- Find opportunities to walk or ride your bike instead of driving. See if you can avoid one car ride each week.
Green Kid Crafts
Founded in 2010, Green Kid Crafts is the original arts, crafts, and science activity subscription service offering natural, sustainable and fun choices for kids’ activities. With Green Kid Crafts, both parents and kids can enjoy earth-friendly, monthly projects that spark creativity and cultivate respect and love for the environment.
Green Kid Crafts is a mom-owned, green company that is certified carbon-neutral, Green America approved and a member of 1% for the Planet, pledging to give a portion of every sale to environmental charities. The company has won several awards for its products and practices, including the PTPA Award, MACT Excellence and Green Awards, Red Tricycle’s Best Subscription Service Award, and Green America’s People & Planet Award.