- 6 Cups Water (I used it straight from the tap)
- 1/2 cup blue Dawn dish soap
- supposedly non ultra original works best, but I only had Ultra and it worked anyway
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp glycerin
- straws ( Giant smoothie straws work best)
- yarn (4x the length of the straw)
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water, stirring really well.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Allow mixture to sit for at least an hour before playing with it.
- Thread the yarn through the straws and then pull the knot into one of the straws to keep it from interfering with the bubble.
- Holding the straws as handles, dip the string in the solution and then gently lift it up to catch the breeze. Gently blowing sometimes helps to get it started.
If you’re not already a Green Kid Crafts subscriber, don’t wait another day to join!
From $16.95 / month! Monthly boxes come with 4-8 award winning Creativity and STEM Science Kits (science, technology, engineering, and math) designed by experts around national standards to build confidence, flex creativity, and make kids smarter. All materials and instructions included, along with some fun extras! Each Discovery Box is created around an exciting new theme each month (think Outer Space, Nocturnal Animals, Backyard Science, Ocean, and Mad Scientist). You can cancel anytime. Join Green Kid now!