Healthy Thanksgiving Snacks: Veggie Straw Turkey
Looking for healthy Thanksgiving snacks and a Thanksgiving Craft? These Veggie Straw turkeys double as both a craft AND a healthy Thanksgiving snack!
- Small plastic cup
- Googly eyes
- Orange and red paper or adhesive craft foam
- Baked Veggie Straws
- To make these healthy Thanksgiving snacks, begin by making the face of your turkey. Add a dab of glue to the googly eyes (or even better, use adhesive googly eyes!) and press them to the front of the cup. Hold in place until secure.
- Cut a small triangle out of orange paper. Glue it under the eyes to make the beak of the turkey.
- Make the gobbler with a strip of red paper and glue it in place.
- Now for the fun part! Make the “feathers” of the turkey by placing colorful veggie straws in the cup. Flare them out a bit to really make them look like feathers. Kids will love snacking on their edible turkeys, and you will love how healthy this Thanksgiving treat is. Try making them using vegetables like cut carrots or red peppers or even string cheese! This healthy Thanksgiving snack is soon to be a Thanksgiving favorite!