STEM Robot Pool Noodle Craft
STEM activities for kids is the combination of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Here, we add an “A” for “Art” to turn STEM into STEAM. By encouraging creative thinking and problem solving in your child you are helping prepare for your child’s future success by developing their divergent thinking skills!
Combine drawing and engineering with your own DIY art drawing machine. This art project for kids is easy enough that even my preschoolers were able to create their own art bot (with a bit of adult help). The best part of this project is you only need materials from the Dollar Store, no special motor or tools required!
- Pool noodle
- Electric toothbrush
How to make a NoodleBot
1. Cut pool noodle to a length that is slightly larger than the toothbrush, about an inch longer.
2. Insert toothbrush into pool noodle.
3. Tape each marker to the noodle so as to create a 3 legged stool. It may be easier to also wrap tape around the whole noodle to capture the markers more securely.
4. Decorate your pool noodle. Be creative! We used pipe cleaners for arms, pom poms for hair and adhesive google eyes.
5. Place your Noodle-Bot on some paper and turn on the toothbrush. Watch the magic happen!
If you’re not already a Green Kid Crafts subscriber, don’t wait another day to join! Single-purchase boxes are available, too!
From $16.95 / month! Monthly boxes come with 3-4 award winning Creativity and STEM Science Kits (science, technology, engineering, and math) designed by experts around national standards to build confidence, flex creativity, and make kids smarter. All materials and instructions included, along with some fun extras! Each Discovery Box is created around an exciting new theme each month (think Safari Science, Nocturnal Animals, Backyard Science, Ocean, and Mad Scientist). You can cancel anytime. Join Green Kid now!