DIY Bird Feeder Ornament
Treat the birds in your neighborhood this season to a heart-shaped bird feeder. Kids can make an easy DIY bird feeder ornament to hang from a tree branch in their yard or at a park.
- Two packs of gelatin
- Silicone Heart Soap Mold (or use a heart-shaped cookie cutter)
- Bird seed
Directions for making a Heart-Shaped Bird Feeder
- Prepare the gelatin as directed by the package.
- Mix the bird seed and gelatin together in a bowl. Add enough bird seed to the gelatin as needed to be able to mold it into the heart shapes.
- Pack the mixture into the soap mold about halfway and then add the string. Add more mixture to fill out the mold on top of the string. You will want the string to be centered in the mixture. (If you decide not to add the string you can set the bird feeder in the snow, on a branch or on another surface instead.)
- Refrigerate the mixture until hardened and then hang outdoors for the birds to enjoy.
So if you enjoyed the bird feeder ornament, you’ll like these others too:
You can also find projects like this on our Instagram page!