DIY Games: Tin Can Golf
Play a game of golf in your own backyard with recycled and found materials. Kids not only get to play the game, but they also get to build their golf course and clubs from scratch! Tin can golf is a good activity for a playdate, siblings, or have a family golf tournament. Use smaller tin cans for a higher level of difficulty and larger tin cans for an easier game of golf.
- Golf ball/ small ball
- Duct tape
- Several tin cans
- Popsicle stick
- Toilet paper roll
- Take your stick and place the toilet paper roll on the end so it sticks out like a golf club. Duct tape it to secure it to the stick
- Cut out paper triangles and write the hole number on each “flag”.
- Tape the triangular flag to the popsicle stick
- Tape the flag to the back of the tin can
- Place cans around the yard and use the golf ball and club to get the ball in the hole.
Now get out there and play! Create a mini-course in your yard using the cans, flags, and obstacles such as flower pots and steps.
Share your photos with us on Instagram! Use #greenkidcrafts and tag us in photos showing your kids having fun with Green Kid Crafts activities!