Homemade Rainbow Xylophone
This is an easy-on-the-eyes project that creates a great, interactive rainbow Xylophone that’s a lot of fun to play with!
What You’ll Need:
- Spoon (wooden or metal)
- Food coloring
1. Fill each glass with gradually increasing amounts of water.
2. Color the water in rainbow colors using food coloring.
3. Gently tap each glass with a wooden stick!
Congratulations, you’ve made your own xylophone!
Things to Think About:
- What happens when you hit the side of the glass? The top?
- How does water level affect the sound?
- Explore color theory by mixing the different colors!
- What happens when you dip paper towels into the glasses?
For more DIY and eco-friendly projects, check out our Pinterest page!